Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still No Job

I suppose I can't say that I've been "actively" pursuing a job since I'm not applying for new jobs every day. Maybe I'd actually get hired if I did that. Maybe I'll start being more active about getting a job and then I can join the noble workforce of the State of Utah.

It's very discouraging, though, when I am led on by interviewers who pretend they'll be getting in touch with me and then decide that for whatever reason, I'm not right for the job and never call me back. So what am I supposed to do?

First step, get a job. Second step, go back to school and get a degree in Medical Technology or something cool like that. Third step, skip the first and second steps and just write a novel. It *is* almost November, after all. Fourth step, you rolled doubles twice, go straight to jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Hmm... that's just not appealing at all.

I've got it!! I'll just become a hippie and live off the land. Join a commune or something. Or I can become one of those video game testers who make millions and never do anything but sit on their fat butts all day pretending to live inside their XBOX. What a life.

Or maybe I'll go buy those P90X workouts and get so fit that producers are begging me to come be a stunt double for their awesome BJJ scenes.

I welcome the ideas of others. What next?

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Pondering for you -- Structure good things into your day that you might not have time for when you get a job. Institute classes. Learn Chinese or whatever. Think of a short term part time job even, that's not your dream job but puts you in a place you enjoy. Zoo. Restaurant. Museum. Volunteer some place you would like to work.

Jennilyn said...

Mission in March? There was a point in my life when I thought, "Peace Corps or Mission?" Changed my life for better, not just good.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Hi Sarah! I'm checking out your blog since I don't know when...catching up. You're awesome!