Thursday, January 3, 2013

Back to Work

I've enjoyed a rather lovely, lazy last four days off from work. Now it's time to return to my Wednesday through Saturday, 12:00 to 22:00 schedule. It is challenging to have to work ten hour days, but worth it when my weekend comes around. It's easy for me to forget why I keep going to work in the first place and what my eventual goals are. While I do enjoy my job, it has become quite repetitive and a little bit boring. Luckily, my boss Thor is good at giving me extra projects that help me feel valued in my department. I considered transferring to a different department a few weeks ago because of the boring and repetitive nature of some of the things I was doing. The supervisor over the department I work in approached me and told me that she thinks it would be catastrophic for the department if I left now. So that was a nice little ego-boost. Happy Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

His name isn't really "Thor," is it? Too cool, if real! Great compliment that you are needed at your job. Time to ask for a raise in wages!