Thursday, July 22, 2010

Line

I've been pushing my managers to train me on the line for a while now. The line is where we make sandwiches and salads and get peoples' orders ready.

They finally decided that all of the regular cashiers needed to be trained on the line because none of us really knew how to build all of the sandwiches and salads.

Today I was scheduled to make sandwiches. According to my scheduling manager I picked it up very quickly. While I was working, Bruce made the comment, "Whoa, Koehler's already consolidating her first time on line. What are you teaching this girl?" (I was only really supposed to be making sandwiches today but I decided to help 'consolidate' the orders onto their individual trays... and that's what I'd been doing.) I smiled and continued working.

Tomorrow I will learn salads.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Bruce is the one who calls you Sarah Faucett, right?

Sarah said...

Haha no that's John. Bruce is basically the head manager who's in charge of all the managers at the Panera in Clay. And Charlie is the guy in charge of all the head managers in the Syracuse area or something.

Jane Babcock said...

Good idea to make yourself indispensable at work.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

You go, chica!