Monday, September 5, 2011

BMW

I know I should probably put this post in my dream journal but oh well. I just had one of those dreams where you've acquired something that you honestly believe will be available to you in the waking world.

Last night I was in a country just west of India on the eastern border. I don't know why I was there, but I must have just been traveling since I had my backpack with me. I found myself in a house of many women and a few men. The men had gone out somewhere with a couple of their women and the rest were still at home. It was this giant house-- slightly run-down and very dark.

I decided that I needed to leave so I asked one if the older women to help me. We got into one of the many cars which were parked out front, and drove away. Minutes later we were back at the house.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, feeling nervous and trapped.

"We cannot leave this place now," she said, "the men have returned."

I panicked and ran for the nearest car. It was black. I got into the front left seat but I realized I wouldn't be able to drive it on that side. The wheel was on the right, and the keys were already in the ignition. It had a manual transmission and I had absolutely no idea how I was going to escape if I had to shift with my left hand and steer with my right.

Somehow I managed it, and drove to India--which was a neon lit highway with many flashing lights and lots of music. And traffic. Then I decided that this little bimmer would be ok to drive in the US... I need a car anyway... might as well be the one I stole from the crazy harem house.

Then I woke up and was only a little bummed that I'd have to pick a different car for the winter.

P.S I just got curious and looked up the name of the country which borders India on the west. It's called Pakistan.

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Wild, weird, real dream! Have you been thinking about joining the peace corps? Mission? The travelling part is really attractive--seeing things now without the attatchments and dependents that eventually come. Thanks for you thoughtful comment on my blog. Good to hear about uplifting decisions to be good. You are on of my heroes.

Jane Babcock said...

We actually have a truck like that and it is not fun to watch someone shifting with the left and steering with the right and dealing with the clutch and the gas.