Thursday, September 12, 2013

Change

I really love it when the seasons start to change. Fall to winter, winter to spring, spring to summer, summer to fall. I don't know if I would be happy living in a place that's consistently just spring or summer all the time. I love each of the seasons, I can't pick a favorite.

I'm so incredibly excited for the events of autumn. I have very fond memories of pumpkin patches and dressing up for Halloween.

I love the abundance of Thanksgiving--how it leads into winter and one of the most important holidays of western culture. Christmas.

I think it's important to remember the symbolism of the changing of seasons. If I never experienced the chill of autumn gales or the freezing over of winter, I don't think that I would treasure the rebirth of spring or the warmth of summer as much as I do.

Variation is good. Change is good.

Summer is starting to die, but don't worry... we'll see her again someday.

Let's appreciate the birth of Autumn while she's here.

(Because for those of us who live in Utah, she'll last for like two weeks and then winter will be like "Oh hayyyyy!")