Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hannah's Hiatus at Home

We decided a little while ago that we wanted to celebrate Hannah's 19th birthday with her right here. Unfortunately, she couldn't come down from Rexburg on her actual birthday. It has been fun having her here for the weekend, though.

When she got home I was watching HIMYM with my friend Charla. We took a break in order to sing Happy Birthday to Hannah, eat cake and ice cream, and watch her open presents. The informal party ended up taking a little longer than we originally thought it would so we only watched a few more episodes before Charla went home.

Then Hannah and I visited Grandma Gerie and played with her new-ish kitten. Afterwards we came back home and I introduced Hannah to my newest show, Veronica Mars, which I unfortunately did not discover until after my fanhood wouldn't count to boost its ratings. But what a program! We watched until 0200 (much later than my regular bedtime) and then we decided that it would probably be a good idea to get some sleep. Sleep is good.

4 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

It is good to have sisters.

Jennilyn said...

We LOVED VM and watched it to the bitter end. One of my favorite parts is the song--but loved the humor, the great daddy-daughter relationship. Fun, fun!

Emmalyn said...

Sigh. VM was so fun. I'm glad Hannah got to come down!

landbeck said...

How could it be bad? Math, sweetie. Me plus idea equals good! Rumors continue to circulate that Kristen Bell is still very interested in a "grown-up" Veronica Mars show or movie, where she works for the FBI. It could still happen!