Monday, November 22, 2010

NEO

This morning I got to work half an hour earlier than I needed to because I had my dad drop me off and I wasn't sure how long it would take for us to get there. I was the first of my New Employee Orientation group to get there. We all got taken into an HR Training Room and started a very long day of learning procedures/policies, and signing papers.

There were seven others in my group, none of which will be working in my department.

David - Exceptions Handling (the department that figures out what to do with specimens that come in damaged or un-testable)

Zach - Research and Development (clinical experimentation in pathology)

Fa'te - Immunology (obviously or not... immune system tests)

Cory - I really don't remember where he's going... Oncology or something

Stacy - A med tech... don't remember what department

Megan - Automated Endocrinology

Quiet Girl - I don't remember anything about her at all either.


The highlight of my day was during lunch when the head honcho at HR got his hair shaved off as an incentive for the last year's food drive. He said he'd shave his head if they raised $15,000 thinking that there would be no way people would want him to shave his head that much.

They ended up with a grand total of $24,500 and the "Baldapalooza 2010" was hilarious.

Tomorrow I get to learn about my benefits for working full time.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Yea!

Jennilyn said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds exciting. I like reading about what you are doing. I wonder if my seminary students would read the whole Doctrine & Covenants for a shaving incentive...?