Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 7 in NY

I barely woke up early enough to have breakfast this morning. It ends at 10. After breakfast I walked over to the MoMA and spent a long time checking out the exhibits there. I took quite a few pictures but the best exhibits didn't allow picture taking.

After the MoMA I decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and that was pretty cool. Once I got across the bridge I found a nice shady place to sit and uploaded all the pictures I'd taken earlier. After that I went to Grimaldi's Pizzeria and waited in line for probably an hour before I could even go inside. I ordered the Antipasto and then got a pizza to go.

I took a cab back to the hostel because I didn't want to carry my pizza on the subway or walk it all the way back. I shared a slice with one of the peeps at the hostel and then put the pizza in the fridge. I hope nobody steals it. Good pizza, that.

Once I had my phone all recharged, I took the subway all the way up to Ft. Tryon Park. It's an amazingly gorgeous place. It felt a lot like upstate does. I took a few pictures while there and will upload them to Facebook soonish. I also walked over to The Cloisters and took a few pictures outside but the museum had already closed for the day so I couldn't go inside.

I then took the subway to Grand Central Terminal and took a few pictures. After that I walked over to St. Patrick's Cathedral but didn't take any pictures because it was too dark for them to turn out. I will probably go back there on Sunday for mass with choir. I'll take pictures then.

After that it was really dark and my feet hurt so I grabbed another cab and took it to a movie theater a few blocks away from the hostel. The movie cost thirteen dollars--yikes!!! While I was waiting for the movie to start I met a Russian guy who grew up in Brooklyn but he still had a mostly Russian accent. I don't remember his name.

Now its time for bed!

1 comment:

Deb said...

It sounds to me like that hostel is exactly the right place to stay. I'm glad you made it to the art museum. It will be fun to read what you end up doing today!