Monday, May 30, 2011

Last Day in NY

Today has been my laziest day on this trip. I loved it.

First thing in the morning (at about 1030) I packed up all my stuff and checked the heck out of that hostel. It was a fantastic experience, but with my blistering second degree sunburn, 80 plus degrees just wasn't gonna happen for me again.

I was easily able to check in early at my new room for the night and it was amazing. As soon as I walked into my room I breathed a sigh of relief and cranked the air conditioning to lowest temperature, highest fan. I am pleased to report that its doing its job famously.

After I got settled I watched a little TV and then spent a lot of the day up on the roof. Because that's where the pool is. (Neat, I know.) I made sure to put on 70 spf sunscreen before going outside or in the pool. It was a gorgeous day out today.

Later I decided to walk around town for a bit and ended up seeing yet another film. (NYC is my new favorite place for movie watching... even if it is ridiculously expensive.) I saw Kung Fu Panda this time and really enjoyed it. Now I'm back at my beautifully chilly room and will probably watch more tv and maybe order room service before calling it a night.

I checked my flight information again and it looks like the flight may not get in until 730 at salt lake. But I'll have my phone with me before we actually take off so communication will hopefully not be an issue.

This is probably going to be my last post for a while unless interesting things start happening in my regular everyday life.

Until we meet again!

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

It's been interesting to follow your trip. Glad you had fun.

Deb said...

I'm so glad you got an air conditioned place. And that hotel pool does sound wonderful. We will keep our cell phones close. If you could e-mail me your flight info, then I can check your flight status. Or maybe you already did? I'll search my g-mail. We are thankful you've been safe and that you are coming home!