Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Day That I Beat Up a Guy Twice My Size...

Woke up at 5, didn't go running, got ready for class, walked up to campus two hours before Organic Chemistry was supposed to actually start, studied for a bit, walked down to the IPF for my Martial Arts class, learned a ton of new stuff, enjoyed walking home in the SUN, kind of goofed around all afternoon, went to BJJ club, learned some new techniques, employed the new techniques, felt dizzy when the new techniques were used against me, went home because I was dehydrated and needed some rest, went to a friend's house (a friend who knows pretty much nothing about BJJ), practiced the moves on him, taught him the moves, realized that he was much bigger and stronger than me, was impressed at how quickly he caught on, decided to just grapple and see who would win first, I won three times in a row, was cheered on by the friend's roommate, walked back home in my gi, felt less silly since the friend walked me home and was also wearing a gi, typed my run-on sentence and was so full of energy that I decided to stay up reading instead of being lame and going to sleep early (why not... three day weekend coming up anyway innit.)

2 comments:

Deb said...

So, if he has a gi, what martial art does he do instead of BJJ? Size can be a disadvantage in martial arts.

Sarah said...

Oh he got the gi from his roommate who does BJJ. I don't think he does another martial art.