Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Day That I Dreamt About Flying While On a Plane...

Woke up at 4am(ish), finished packing my things, said goodbye to Mom, said goodbye to Mariel, drove with Dad to the airport in the snow, said goodbye to Dad, went easily through security, found my gate, waited for ages, finally boarded 5 minutes before the plane was supposed to depart, sat on the plane for around an hour waiting for the plane to get de-iced and for the runway to get cleared of snow, finally took off, was so tired that I was in and out of sleep for the entire flight, didn't realize when we actually landed (I think I must have been asleep when we hit the ground because I was surprised that we were already in NYC), waited for a few hours, got onto my connecting flight without delay, slept for most of the flight from NYC to SLC, dreamed that I was flying over a big lake with military-grade wings (go figure), woke up and watched the ground for the last hour of the flight, had no difficulty getting my bags, was picked up by Grandma Gerie, ate lunch at Grandma's house, drank a Pepsi (courtesy of Grandma), drove down to Provo with Grandma (also courtesy of Grandma), accepted a call from Uncle Michael and committed to babysitting Ellie tonight, arrived at Provo, said goodbye to Grandma, thanked her for the ride, unpacked my backpack, started walking toward campus with my emptied backpack, called home and told them I was in Provo, walked up the giant staircase to campus since the Tanner Building was closed, returned a library book, purchased expensive textbooks for this semester, walked back down to my apartment, unpacked the rest of my things, called Uncle Michael and told him that I would be free to babysit anytime henceforth, read pages 1-12 of my Molecular Biology textbook, went to babysit Ellie, enjoyed the cuteness and intelligence of Ellie, came back to my apartment, went to Smith's and purchased fresh fruits and vegetables for the week, came back to my apartment, put the groceries away, wrote my run-on sentence, and forced myself to go to bed early.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Quite a day! I'm glad you made it there safely without too much trouble. We've had a ton of snow!!! You got out just on time. Oh, the joys of flying in and out of New York.

Sarah said...

Is it still snowing? :P

Deb said...

Well, it's not now, but we got another foot yesterday I think. No delays or cancellations today, so everybody's going back to school and work.