Friday, January 29, 2010

The Day That I Realized That I Am Addicted to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA...

Woke up late-ish, went to my classes, was surprised when the power went out in the Clyde Building during class, laughed at the silly jokes everyone told in the dark while we waited for the power to come back on, was even more surprised when the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate, ran into Spencer, walked around campus with Spencer for a while, heard that someone who was working in the basement of the Clyde Building had good sources that a transformer (whatever that is) died and then caught on fire, told all my friends about what happened before BYU sent out a mass email saying that classes in the Clyde Building are cancelled through Friday due to the "power outage", went back to my apartment, studied for a bit, watched a show done by National Geographic about fighting styles and scientifically how they specifically affect the body, practiced BJJ with Clarke, didn't lose to him, practiced BJJ with Clinton, lost every time to him, went to Wendy's with Clinton, went back to the Smith Fieldhouse, learned how to box (kind of), enjoyed learning how to box, went to Charity's house with the gang, had amazing cupcakes at Charity's house, got tired, went back to my apartment, reflected on my very fulfilling day and subsequently decided to call it good.

3 comments:

Deb said...

That does sound like a good day.

It's funny, when I first read Clinton's name I pictured a big red dog. I wondered why. Then I realized I was thinking of Clifford, the big red dog. I guess I file names alphabetically in my head. I'm sure Clifford, I mean Clinton, is a very nice person even if he does beat you. I am also glad that you have many friends.

Emmalyn said...

That's the exact same thing that came to my mind!

Sarah said...

Hahaha. I have a friend whose last name is Clifford. I'm going to start calling him the big red dog now. :P