Monday, January 11, 2010

The Day That I Finally Got My Gi...

Woke up at 4am, drank some water, bundled up, went running with Klaas, breathed in polluted air (in fact, the most polluted in the nation today...), came back home, made oatmeal, took a shower while the oatmeal was simmering, poured the oatmeal over cubed pear, ate my delicious oatmeal, got ready for class, went to Organic Chemistry, left five minutes early to get to the IPF on time to change, got my gi (hooray!!), learned something new, didn't get to practice the something new as much as my partner did, changed back into semi-normal clothes, hustled up the GIANT staircase to campus, hurried to the MARB for class, sat in the back right as the bell rang, left five minutes early because the last time I came on time to Macedone's class every empty seat was being saved for someone else, sat in the front row, enjoyed chemistry, walked back down to my apartment, realized that I'd lost Catching Fire somewhere on campus, was very depressed, tried to recruit my friends to help me find it, was sad when one decided to be a jerk about it, realized that real friends are okay with doing things a little bit out of their way to help, still didn't find the book even after I trudged all the way back to campus to make sure the friends simply didn't recognize the book, went to the library, tried to study, missed my book, worried about what would happen when I still don't find the book and it's due, pushed that worry to the back of my mind, went to the Wilk to watch an episode, got distracted with Gmail Video Chat, enjoyed video chatting with my daddy even though I don't have a computer camera, headed back to my apartment so that I'd be back in time for Family Home Evening, slipped on some ice in the parking lot, tried to get up, slipped again, slowly got to my feet, limped inside, took off my shoes and put on flip-flops, walked over to FHE, enjoyed playing the say-the-name-hit-the-face game and sucking hot chocolate out of Tim Tams, walked back to my apartment, got ready for bed, wrote my run-on sentence and went to sleep.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ooohh, the ankle sounds painful. Sorry to hear about your air. Scary. Maybe running inside would be good. The book may turn up at the library thanks to some kind soul. Pears in oatmeal-- love it. Add cinnamon if you didn't, next time. I do the same with apples, blueberries, or bananas. Add nuts or peanut butter for extra protein, though the peanut butter makes it thicker. I've added cooked egg whites before too. That's a little weird.

Sarah said...

Good ideas. I run at 4am and there aren't any indoor tracks open until 5. So I'll be stuck with running outside midst the smog unless I change my mind about time. Also, I don't have any cinnamon. Want to send me some? :P

Deb said...

Oh yeah! I forgot to send a bottle of that Simply Organic stuff I buy. I actually bought you one for Christmas and totally forgot about it. Hopefully it will be safe in your pkg.