Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Day That I Didn't Do Quite Everything That I Had Planned To Do...

Woke up at around 400 hours, once again contemplated staying in bed but realized that I'd be getting up in an hour anyway, got out of bed, ate breakfast whilst reading more in Hero of Ages, got ready for class, walked up to campus, attended O-Chem, practically ran down to the IPF for Martial Arts, tried to go in through the wrong door, walked all the way to the other side of the IPF, changed in the bathroom, walked back out and watched the football team practice for a bit, warmed up, realized how out of shape I have gotten, made a note to myself to start running again, enjoyed learning some basic BJJ stuff, didn't have time to change back into normal clothes, huffed my way up the giant staircase onto campus, attended MMBIO, sat next to the 'mates, went to GenChem, tried to sit down but kept being told that the seat I had just sat down in was being saved, finally found a seat that wasn't being saved, enjoyed Dr. Macedone's lecture, went back to my apartment, goofed around for a bit, invited Spencer over, watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog while doing homework and cooking things (I'm a multitasker :P), walked up to campus with Spencer, ordered for Spencer at the Scoreboard Grill since he'd never been there before, stole some of his curly fries, went over to the Wilk Terrace for BJJ Club, hustled over to the SWKT once I realized tonight was "Ward Calling Night", got my calling, had no clue what it actually was (such is life at BYU), walked back over to the Wilk, slipped on very invisible ice a few times, felt silly, learned some BJJ stuff, enjoyed wrasslin' and chokin' people, walked back to my apartment since it was past my bedtime, talked with Emma about stuff, thought about neglecting my One Sentence A Day blog for a brief moment, gave in to habit and wrote my run-on sentence, will probably read a chapter or two in Hero of Ages before I totally pass out from extreme fatigue.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Okay, does BJJ stand for? And what is your calling? Maybe we can help you figure it out. :O) And it's funny, my first thought was, "What was Spencer doing there?!" Must be another Mike.

Jane Babcock said...

I recently read an essay about history writing, which is what you are doing, which included a discussion of how modern western culture makes choices about what to include (with a focus on cause and effect).

Sarah said...

Hahaha. BJJ = Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Charity Kemp (one of my friends from 1100 Hall during Fall 2008) is the new president of the BJJ club and she "made" me go with her to the meeting one time... and it looked really useful and cool to me so I've started to go. Coincidentally, the Martial Arts class that I'm taking centers on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and getting the students ready to get their blue belt. Cool, huh?

And my calling is "Spiritual and Temp Welfare" (I've figured it out). The problem at the time was that the guy who was explaining it thought that the 'temp' stood for 'temple'. Little did he know that it actually stands for 'temporal.' So basically I'm pretty sure it's just a service-oriented committee thing. Which is cool too.

And Spencer's real name is Spencer. :P

Sarah said...

Grandma-- I'm curious about what else Western historians choose to include in their writing besides focusing on cause and effect.