Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Day That I Realized How Long Mornings Really Are...

Woke up at 6am, hit the snooze, woke up again at 9(ish), got out of bed, organized my room, relaxed, took a shower, got ready for church, went to church, came home from church, thought about going to Salt Lake but ended up deciding to stay in Provo, steamed a bunch of vegetables but didn't use enough water (because the pan ended up catching on fire... fancy that), put the very yummy looking vegetables into tupperware containers for tomorrow, ate some macaroni and cheese mixed with broccoli cheddar soup, figured out what classes I have tomorrow, got ready for bed, wrote my run-on sentence, and started feeling tired way too early Provo time.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Your food sounds good. So does going to bed early. Owen is on Utah time I think. He was up late last night. I think we're all going to be tired today.

Sarah said...

When you steam vegetables don't you put them in the glass bowl and then just microwave it? Since I don't have a glass bowl I tried to do it so that the veggies wouldn't touch the water... so I put the water in a big pot and then put the veggies in a strainer above the water. So my veggies didn't have water in them which is great... but I seem to remember you using the water from steaming as broth.

Deb said...

Yes, microwaving works. Small glass bowls at Walmart cost $1. Your solution is good. A lot of times I just put a small amount of water in the bottom of the pan and let the veggies sit in it, but I usually cook with a lot of veggies so most of them are just steamed and a few are slightly soggy. If you don't cook it as long, it pretty much just steams the veggies. And using the liquid as broth is good too.