Monday, December 28, 2009

The Day That Central New York Saw Its First Real Blizzard of the Season...

Woke up to my alarm, ignored my alarm and went back to sleep, woke up to the sound of children playing, was disgruntled, got out of bed, ate some cereal (I think), brushed my teeth, went to the dentist, realized that I really do need to floss more, planned on getting my hair cut tomorrow (probably), drove into Syracuse to the Hunters' house, picked up Charity, drove to Shoppingtown Mall, allowed Charity to buy ice cream to share, watched Sherlock Holmes, enjoyed Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Sherlock Holmes, walked around Shoppingtown Mall, went back to the car and realized that Scuba Steve had called (he was invited to come to the movie too but we never got a hold of him before the movie started), was relieved that Steve had already seen Sherlock Holmes, dropped Charity off back at her house, drove toward Steve's house, called Steve, went to Steve's house, was excited to see Steve, hugged Steve, got in Steve's car and went to the library with Steve so he could get a book about Jehovah's Witnesses for his religion psych/soc class, invited Steve to dinner and FHE, persisted to invite Steve even though he thought it would be more appropriate to come over after I had dinner and FHE with my family, allowed Steve to convince me that it was a better idea to wait, drove back home safely in the relatively snowy weather, had dinner, went to FHE, got a text from Steve saying that he was going to take a nap for a bit and then come over, decided to play Risk with Owen and Dad, conquered Africa and South America, kept Owen from conquering North America for a while, kept Dad from getting too many armies at first, paused the game to go see Invictus with Steve (the only thing to do in Central NY is to go to the cinema or the bars and I don't drink so the cinema it is!), enjoyed watching Invictus, went outside and said WOAH because it was a crazy blizzard outside complete with windy snowy-ness all around, realized that Steve and Dad were probably right when they said it was a bad idea to wear flip flops, drove home in the blizzard with Steve, stared in awe at the beauty of driving in a blizzard, made it home safely, hoped that Steve makes it home safely, went inside and up to my room, wrote my run-on sentence, and hit the hay.

No comments: