Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Day That They Moved My Aircraft to Three Different Gates Just to Watch the Passengers Squirm...

Woke up really super early this morning (five a.m. to be precise), repacked all of my things that I had brought to Grandma Gerie's house, ate some pop-tarts, went to the airport, waited for my flight, sat on a plane for four hours, waited in the airport for my airplane to be board-able, waited some more, ran across the concourse to the new gate, ran across the concourse again to another new gate, walked over to ANOTHER new gate, waited two hours for my flight to leave, finally left the airport at 4:45 (an hour and a half after it was originally supposed to leave), wondered why it took so long for our plane to actually leave, sat in first class because they changed my flight time and had to fit me in the plane somewhere, ate chips and a Twix bar, read a few chapters in Mistborn, slept, arrived in Syracuse, came home with family, took a shower, passed on A Christmas Story, wrote my run-on sentence and went to bed.

3 comments:

Jennilyn said...

As in, did not watch the movie "A Christmas Story" (watch your tongue!) or sat and narrated to your family a marvelous tale about the season? Glad you are safely home. You have adventure after adventure! Your reporter skills are growing. Job overseas on your horizon?

Sarah said...

Haha I chose not to watch the movie because I was really tired from all that travel. :) And "A Christmas Story" just isn't my favorite holiday tale.

Jane Babcock said...

Glad you made it home.