Monday, December 21, 2009

The Day That I Slept Through My Alarm...

Woke up five hours later than I was planning to, realized that I must be pretty deep in sleep-debt, went shopping with Mom, ate some breakfast/lunch/snackage, came home and watched movies, and read Mistborn, and looked online for more books to read over Christmas Break, attended Family Home Evening, sang hymns with the fam, enjoyed listening to Owen's increased confidence in his higher-pitched singing voice, made a gingerbread house with the sole purpose of gluing as much candy as possible to every surface of the gingerbread, listened to peacefully agitating music, recognized the oxymoron in that phrase, went to Marshal's house and instead of watching Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog decided to watch Les Choristes (which is a fantastic French film, BTW), enjoyed the little boy choir voices, thought about watching another movie but decided to be responsible and come home by midnight, wrote my run-on sentence for the day and read more chapters in Mistborn before deciding to eventually fall asleep.

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

Luanna and Bob made me watch Les Choristes and I can't count the times I've seen it since! We own the DVD and soundtrack--one of my favorites! Haunting, beautiful music, and the French is superb! Glad you know it, too!

I just finished a space opera series that I enjoyed: R.M. Meluch 4 books about U.S.S. Merrimack. It's about Marines, in the future. One of my favorite things about the book is the language. There is a commanding officier who is offended by vulgar language so the troops are really careful to be creative in their speaking and NOT swear. A cyborg aetheist has discussions with a believing Catholic throughout the series. It talks about what a real hero does, what makes good leaders. I really liked the characters. Even the bad guys are intriguing in their pursuit of food.

And I know your blog isn't a book review spot. Whoops.